Here are three fundraising activities that you can do on your own, with your family, and with your friends
1. Jar Fundraiser!
- Gather one to five jars of any size.
- Get the mission sticker from the CAYA office or print out your own. Color it!
- Write a note, similar to the sample in the photo, and include it in your display.
- Keep track and turn in the donations!
Safety notes: Always think safety. Make sure your parents are well informed. It’s highly advisable that you have another person with you. Don’t go inside unless you know it is totally a safe place.
- Put on school uniform or CAYA wear to win credibility.
- Introduce yourself with a smile
- Say that you will be going on a mission trip to Nicaragua in March and you are seeking the support of the community.
- “Have you ever gone on a mission-humanitarian trip?” Listen, and share your own experience.
- “No donation is too small; I hope to go on this mission trip thanks to people like you.”
- “Please, would you help me?” Allow them to respond.
- “I promise your money will be well used. My church can send you a tax-deductible receipt”
- Give them a form letter to fill out if they would like.
- Thank them for letting them share.
Click here for letter writing instructions.